Monday, May 7, 2012

Super Moon Timelapse

Timelapse photography has always amazed me and I have wanted to try it myself for a long time. Finally I have bought myself a timer/intervalometer (Canon TC-80N3) and have been learning the basics.

Last night I decided to try it out on the Super Moon. I set up the camera and tripod on my verandah to capture the moon as it rose in the east and as a bonus there was cloud moving across the moon in the opposite direction.

Details:

529 still frames
captured at 2 sec intervals

Canon 7D manually set to f4, 1/250s, ISO 100, 235mm, manual focus, manual WB (cloud)

Processed in Lightroom and created into video at 24fps (preset downloaded from  http://lrtimelapse.com/download/ )

17 mins of capture becomes 21 sec of video.

Viewed full screen it's not as smooth as I thought it would be for 2sec intervals, I might try another one at 1sec intervals and see how that goes.

Can't wait to try it out at some interesting locations.









Thanks for visiting,

Feedback more than welcome.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment